Acknowledge the nominating blogger. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
Well I was floored when Mary Lee Hahn from one of my favorite blogs, A Year of Reading, Sent me a message that I had been nominated for a Sunshine Award! It definitely brought lots of rays into my chilly day! THANK YOU! I’m beyond honored.
Here are my 11 random facts:
1. I was born in England and lived there until I was 9. I still keep in contact with my friends and visit them when I can.
2. I have three sisters (all from the same parents). My youngest sister was born was I was 18- talk about a shocker!
3. I always read magazine from cover to cover, even if the article I really want to read is in the back.
4. I love to be outside as much as possible. Being outside is good for my soul.
5. Long( almost) daily walks with my husband is what keeps our marriage strong. We find this is the time when we just talk and aren’t distracted by other things( technology, house chores, cooking etc..).
6. I have an 18 month old daughter and I sometimes wonder how I am ever going to help her to be happy and succeed in this crazy world.
7. I am slowly overcoming my fear of dogs. Ironically, one of my daughters favorite animals is a dog.
8. I have big goals and dreams of where I would like to take this blog, my ideas, and my professional future. Now I need to create the plan to make the dreams reality.
9. I am really trying to learn how to use my DSLR camera in manual mode. I love taking pictures and designing invites and cards, but I haven’t figured out how to get the best pictures in manual mode yet.
10. I have run a marathon (and a few half marathons) and although the training was really brutal, I really enjoyed race day, and when I was done I proclaimed that I want to run another one sometime.
11. Traveling, working out, a book with a cup of tea, and sitting on my deck all make my world go round.
Here are my answers to a few of Mary Lee Hahn’s 11 questions:
1. What’s one thing you’re going to make this year?
I’m finally going to finish my daughter’s first year photo book. (she turned one last May 2013!!!).
2. iOS or Android?
IOS all the way, always and hopefully forever. It’s smooth & sexy 🙂
3. What’s your favorite new organizational trick?
tackling small projects at a time so that I don’t spend hours or days on organizing, but rather a few minutes each day.
4. Where were did you grow up and how has that place made you who you are?
I grew up in England. I never really realized how much me being British has influenced who I am until my husband and I traveled to England, Ireland and Scotland two summers ago. As we were there he said that he rallied that manny of the things that I do aren’t personal quirks, but British quirks. One example is the way I hang the hangers in my closet. Go the Englnad and check out all the stores- it’s just different! 🙂
5. What is your favorite junk food?
6. Who is your hero?
My mom. She is such award worker and always puts everyone else first. She doesn’t talk negatively about anyone, and will do anything for anyone at anytime. Striving to be more like her!
7. What superpower would you pick?
I would love to be able to teleport myself from one place to another. My family and my husband’s parents all live a few hours away from us. We visit them often so they can see my daughter, but I hate packing up the car and then repacking and driving to go home. Just teleport me!
8. Where would you travel next if you could?
Australia. It’s been on my bucket list for a while now and I am hoping in my lifetime I’ll be able to cross it off my list.
9. What frustrates you most?
Messy counters in my kitchen and not having a dinner plan after school.
10. What’s one favorite memory of childhood?
Long walks in the Moors every Sunday and feeding the ducks.
11. What’s your favorite instrument in the orchestra?
Clarinet. I used to play it and I really enjoy hearing it. I also love any music that has piano in it.
Here are the bloggers I’ll nominate (in no particular order) to carry the sunshine to new corners of the blogosphere: (I hope this isn’t annoying to the people I am sending this to; If it is, please just disregard. I respect your work and your blog- so know I’m just kicking some Sunshine your way!)
Stacy Nokowitz at: http://somenovelideas.typepad.com/
Julie Johnson at: http://www.raisingreadersandwriters.com
Sarah At: http://thereadingzone.wordpress.com
Tricia Stohr-Hunt http://missrumphiuseffect.blogspot.com
Sarah Anderson at: http://yaloveblog.com
Tara Smith at http://ateachinglifedotcom.wordpress.com
Erica Beaton at http://b10lovesbooks.wordpress.com/
Kerry at http://whatchareading-kerry.blogspot.com
Jillian Heise http://heisewrites.blogspot.com
Deb at http://deb-day.blogspot.com
And here are my 11 questions:
1. What is something that you always wanted to do that you still haven’t done yet?
2. If you could have either a full time maid or chef at your house, which would you choose?
3. Write about something you have been proud of in your classroom this year. (big or small) Don’t be humble- be proud!
4. New Year’s Resolutions- do you make them? Try to really keep them? Do you not even bother ’cause what’s the point?
5. What was the best thing that happened to you last year?
6. What are you most looking forward to this year?
7. Bookstore or Library- where do you get your books?
8. Where do you get your book recommendations? Friends, blogs, websites, twitter, browsing etc…
9. Why/ how did you start blogging?
10. What’s the most influential professional development book you have ever read?
11. What’s the coolest/ most exciting/ most interesting thing you have ever done in your life?
By the way, I’ve been on Twitter following and reading tons of Professional stuff- I just haven’t been gutsy enough to tweet that much (who would want to read all my surf?!) But, I’ve decided to take the plunge and start tweeting (a little bit!) You can follow me @annhagedorn 🙂